Hygiene surveillance in establishments; carrying out of control inspections
Regular or unscheduled inspections shall be carried out to ensure that hygiene requirements are met in establishments handling food of animal origin, e.g. meat or poultry meat processing, milk, eggs and fish processing.
1. supervision of approved establishments, e.g. slaughterhouses, cutting plants, processing plants, cold stores and dairies:
In industrially structured establishments, which must be approved in accordance with European legislation, comprehensive inspections, e.g. of occupational, operational and personnel hygiene, are carried out regularly by experts from the competent authority. Only if the food hygiene requirements are met can the approval be maintained.
2. hygiene monitoring in registered establishments, e.g. butchers and agricultural direct marketers (also for eggs, fish or cheese):
Artisanal butchers and agricultural direct marketers are also subject to strict hygiene controls.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited