Narcotics; monitoring of narcotics traffic
The traffic of narcotics in pharmacies, medical and dental practices, hospitals, old people's and nursing homes, hospices and various other facilities is monitored by the health authorities.
The health offices of the district administrative authorities and the independent cities are responsible for monitoring the traffic in narcotic drugs in pharmacies, medical and dental practices, hospitals, old people's homes and nursing homes, hospices, facilities for specialised outpatient palliative care, facilities of the rescue services and facilities in which substitution substances are prescribed and dispensed, insofar as the latter have their own health office.
The objects of the inspection are in particular
- whether the prescribed record keeping on index cards and in narcotics books or as computer-aided record keeping is carried out properly and whether index cards and narcotics books are kept separately
- whether the rules on prescribing narcotics have been observed
- whether the narcotics are stored separately and are secured against unauthorised removal
- whether records have been made of the destruction of narcotics and whether these records comply with the legal requirements
- whether, where applicable, the stock of narcotics in the accounts and the actual stock are the same
- whether, in the context of substitution, the substituting physician has complied with the legal requirements - in particular the required documentation.
Narcotics may only be prescribed on special prescriptions by doctors who are registered with the Federal Opium Agency. Only doctors with a substitution licence who have completed the relevant additional training are allowed to substitute drug-dependent people. Other doctors (without this additional training) are only allowed to substitute if they regularly consult colleagues who are in possession of the substitution permit.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited