Consumer protection of substances; market surveillance
Substance-related consumer protection or market surveillance is primarily understood as the monitoring of the placing on the market of substances, mixtures and products by manufacturers, importers and users as well as in wholesale and retail trade. The Bavarian Trade Inspection thus protects consumers, human health and the environment.
The large number of chemical substances or mixtures that are used in the most diverse areas of our society requires correspondingly far-reaching legal regulations for the protection of people and the environment.
While the district administrative authorities perform the general tasks of environmental protection, the trade supervisory authorities are responsible for monitoring the placing on the market of chemical products, particularly with regard to packaging and labelling as well as restrictions and bans on use. Compliance with dispensing regulations for hazardous chemicals is also monitored.
Keeping pace with technology, increasing product diversity and trade volumes requires continuous development of regulatory monitoring strategies and methods. For this reason, market surveillance is not only carried out on site, but has also been taking place in Internet trade for many years.
Each trade supervisory office assumes special responsibilities for the whole of Bavaria. You can also find an overview of the relevant responsibilities under "Further links".
- Trade Supervisory Office at the Government of Lower Franconia: is responsible for the enforcement of the REACH Regulation (except for authorisation) and the CLP Regulation throughout Bavaria.
- Trade Supervisory Office at the Government of Upper Franconia:
- is responsible throughout Bavaria for the enforcement of the REACH Regulation and the Biocide Regulation authorisations
- is responsible in the administrative districts of Upper Palatinate, Middle, Upper and Lower Franconia for the F-Gases Ordinance, the Ozone Ordinance and the dispensing regulations under the ChemVerbotsV
- Trade Supervisory Office at the Government of Lower Bavaria:
- is responsible for the enforcement of the POP-VO, the PIC-VO, the RoHS-Directive, the Decopaint-Directive, the receipt of notifications as well as the granting of permits and expertise according to the ChemVerbotsV in the whole of Bavaria
- is responsible in the administrative districts of Swabia, Upper Bavaria and Lower Bavaria for the F-Gas-VO, the Ozone-VO and the dispensing regulations according to the ChemVerbotsV
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited