Waste management; analysis, monitoring and consulting
The State Office for the Environment contributes to updating the state of the art in prevention, recovery, disposal and other waste management measures.
Core tasks in the area of waste management at the Bavarian State Office for the Environment (LfU) are:
- Collection and evaluation of waste management data
- Monitoring of plants, landfills and waste streams
- Information and consultation of the public
The Bavarian State Office for the Environment (LfU) also deals with the following tasks:
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of disposal routes, e.g. for biowaste, electronic scrap, sewage sludge or waste wood; preparation of the annual balance sheet "Household Waste in Bavaria".
- Identification and evaluation of waste prevention measures
- Research and development projects
- Preparation and maintenance of info sheets in the circular economy series
- for public authorities,
- for municipal waste consultants,
- for companies and
- for the citizen,
- as well as advice for enforcement, presentation on the Internet, organization of symposia
- Participation in the information system Waste Advisor Bavaria of the Bavarian Ministry of the Environment
- Approval of monitoring contracts within the framework of the Ordinance on Specialized Waste Management Companies (Entsorgungsfachbetriebeverordnung - EfbV);
- Recognition of waste management associations (Waste Management Association Directive - EgRL)
- Supervision of the activities of technical inspection organizations and waste management associations,
- Recognition of training courses for the acquisition of technical and expert knowledge in accordance with the Ordinance on Specialized Waste Management Companies, the Ordinance on Notification and Permits, and the Ordinance on Waste Management Officers.
- Assessment and monitoring of thermal treatment plants and landfills, hazardous waste treatment and disposal plants, animal carcass recycling plants.
- Central office for waste monitoring (ZSA) for hazardous waste, disposal certificates, accompanying certificates, determination of compliance with transfer obligations; preparation of the annual hazardous waste statistics for Bavaria.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited