The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) supports measures to increase energy efficiency in companies.
You can receive funding for the following measures:
- Measurement and control technology and sensor technology to monitor the efficiency of energy flows,
- Energy management software, including the cost of employee training.
You will not receive funding
- for measures required by law,
- if you have already started the measure before submitting the application.
If you want to buy measurement and control technology, sensor technology or energy management software, then you can get a loan of up to EUR 25 million.
The amount of the subsidy in the repayment of the loan depends on the size of your company:
- small and medium-sized companies (up to 249 employees and annual sales not exceeding EUR 50 million or total assets not exceeding EUR 43 million): 40 percent of eligible costs,
- large companies (250 and more employees and annual sales more than EUR 50 million or total assets higher than EUR 43 million): 30 percent of eligible costs.
Eligible costs are:
- All costs for implementing the measure,
- Incidental costs for planning and installation.
Eligible costs are also the costs for
- the wiring of the technology and
- for the preparation of a measurement concept by a service provider.
You can receive a maximum of EUR 10 million in repayment subsidies.
You will not receive the repayment subsidy until you have completed your measure. To do this, you must prove
- that you have spent the money from the loan on the measure,
- that the measure technically fulfills its performance.
You must keep all invoices and receipts related to the eligible costs.
The applications for the subsidy are processed by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
You are not entitled to the subsidy.
Note on other program funding options:
You can also apply for a direct grant from the German Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) via the "Federal Funding for Energy Efficiency in Industry" funding program (apply for a grant for measurement and control technology, sensor technology and energy management software).