The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) supports measures to increase energy efficiency in companies.
You can receive funding for the following measures:
- Measurement and control technology and sensor technology to monitor the efficiency of energy flows,
- Energy management software, including the cost of training your employees.
You will not receive a subsidy
- for measures required by law,
- if you have already started the measure before submitting the application.
The amount of the grant depends on the size of your company:
- small and medium-sized companies (up to 249 employees and annual sales not exceeding EUR 50 million or total assets not exceeding EUR43 million): 40 percent of eligible costs,
- large companies (250 or more employees and annual sales exceeding EUR 50 million or total assets exceeding EUR 43 million): Percent of eligible costs.
Eligible costs are:
- All costs for implementing the measure,
- Incidental costs for planning and installation.
Eligible costs are also the costs for
- the wiring of the technology and
- for the preparation of a measurement concept by a service provider.
You can receive a maximum of EUR 10 million in subsidies.
You will not receive the subsidy until you have completed your measure. To do this, you must prove
- that you have spent the money on the measure,
- that the measure technically fulfills its performance.
You must keep all invoices and receipts related to the eligible costs.
Applications for funding are processed by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
You are not entitled to funding approval.
Note on other funding options of the program:
You can also apply for a loan via the funding program "Federal Funding for Energy Efficiency in the Economy" (apply for a loan with repayment subsidy for measurement and control technology, sensor technology and energy management software).