Apply for aviation security program for German air carrier
If you are a German airline wishing to operate flights within the European Union (EU), you must apply for approval of an aviation security program under certain conditions.
- You have already applied to the Federal Aviation Office for an operating license or already have one.
You are submitting the application
- as aviation security officer or aviation security officer
- by proxy
To apply for approval of an aviation security program, please proceed as follows:
Go to the federal portal verwaltung.bund.de and complete the online application.
- You will need the ELSTER company account to complete the online application.
- You can upload your documents directly. Alternatively, you can send your notification and documents to the LBA by e-mail, fax or post.
- If the information is complete, the Federal Office of Civil Aviation will provide the aviation security officer (electronically and by post) with information for the creation of an aviation security program after checking the information.
- The aviation security officer then draws up the aviation security program and transmits it to the Federal Aviation Office via the federal portal.
- The Federal Aviation Office will review the aviation security program and coordinate any open questions with the aviation security officer.
- Once your application has been processed by the authority, you will receive a notification and fee notice.
Air carriers are obliged to report all changes affecting the aviation security program to the Federal Aviation Office.
There is no deadline.
The processing time may vary depending on the particular circumstances of each case. The Luftfahrt-Bundesamt will provide information on the status of processing on request. (2 bis 6 Wochen)
You can lodge an objection within 1 month.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Digitales und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited