Explosion protection; application for official recognition of a person qualified to carry out inspections in accordance with the Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health (Betriebssicherheitsverordnung)
Qualified persons who wish to carry out an inspection after a repair with regard to a part on which explosion protection depends must be officially recognized.
Equipment, protective systems or safety, monitoring or control devices within the meaning of the ATEX Directive (2014/34/EU) may only be put back into operation after repair with regard to a part on which the explosion protection depends after it has been established within the scope of a test that the part complies with the requirements specified with regard to the features essential for explosion protection. In addition to an approved inspection agency, this inspection may also be carried out by a person qualified to carry out inspections in accordance with Annex 2, Paragraph 3, No. 3.2 of the Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health with official recognition.
Recognition is granted on a person- and company-specific basis for the intended place of operation. The following information must be provided:
- Information about the applicant
- Address of the operating site or operating department in which the person recognized by the authority as qualified to perform the test is to work
- Details of the contact person for queries
- Testing tasks and scope for which recognition is requested
- Information on the qualified person
- First name and surname
- Date and place of birth,
- Private address of the applicant
The recognition is usually granted for a period of 5 years. It can be extended upon application.
- The person to be recognized shall have a
- relevant technical vocational training or other technical qualification sufficient for the intended testing tasks,
- at least one year's experience in the manufacture, assembly, operation or maintenance of the systems or system components to be tested as defined in Annex 2, Section 3 of the Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health, and
- Activities in the environment of the upcoming test of the work equipment to be tested carried out as well as appropriate further training.
- It must be reliable and suitable for the testing activity. It is not subject to any instructions in its testing activities.
- An expert opinion from an approved inspection body (ZÜS) must be submitted on the qualifications of the person to be recognized as well as on the equipment and quality assurance of the company.
- The regularly occurring need for such tests and the necessary test equipment can be proven.
- The application and the required documents can be sent to the recognition authority by e-mail, fax, in writing or electronically.
- The applicant must commission an approved inspection body to issue an expert opinion. To obtain the expert opinion, an on-site visit with an approved inspection body (ZÜS) in the presence of the locally responsible trade supervisory office at the plant is required.
Trial tests can be completed in the presence of the expert from the approved inspection body.
- The expert's statement is sent to the recognition authority.
- The recognition or rejection notice is issued by the recognition authority and sent to the applicant.
Action before the administrative court
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited