Laser equipment; information on operating requirements
Only competent persons may handle laser equipment. Before the laser equipment is put into operation for the first time, it must be inspected by a competent person. As a rule, a competent laser protection officer must be appointed in writing before lasers of classes 3R, 3B and 4 are put into operation.
The operation of laser equipment can endanger persons, animals and property.
Therefore, only qualified persons may handle laser equipment. Before starting to operate such equipment, all possible hazards must be determined, the necessary measurements taken and all necessary protective measures taken.
Before the laser equipment is put into operation for the first time, it must be inspected by a competent person within the meaning of the Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health, i.e. a person who has the necessary specialist knowledge to inspect laser equipment as a result of his professional training, professional experience and recent professional activity.
Prior to the commencement of operation of lasers of classes 3R, 3B and 4, the employer or operator, if he does not have the required expertise himself, must also appoint a competent laser safety officer in writing. The expert knowledge must be proven by successful participation in a corresponding training course.
- Always: Technical qualification for the respective laser equipment
- For lasers of classes 3R, 3B and 4: Written appointed laser safety officer who has proven the expertise by successful participation in an appropriate training course.
- For the operation of laser equipment, the occupational health and safety regulations must be applied accordingly in the areas of a place of assembly accessible to visitors.
- For the operation of lasers in workplaces, the BetrSichV and the Occupational Safety Ordinance on Artificial Optical Radiation (OStrV) apply, the enforcement of which is the responsibility of the trade supervisory offices at the governments.
- In Bavaria, the Ordinance on the Construction and Operation of Places of Assembly (Versammlungsstättenverordnung -VstättV) applies to the operation of lasers in places of assembly, the enforcement of which is the responsibility of the lower building supervisory authorities.
If necessary, vis-à-vis the competent accident insurance institution.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited