Fire safety watch; recognition of own forces
The "Fire Protection Service" can recognise the own forces (or service providers) of the operator of a place of assembly as fire safety guards.
For the staging of events with increased fire hazards, the operator of a place of assembly must set up a fire safety watch, whereby a fire safety watch from the fire department must be present at every event on large stages as well as stage areas with a floor area of more than 200 m².
A fire safety watch by the fire brigade is not required if the operator has a sufficient number of trained personnel to carry out the duties of the fire safety watch and the fire protection service has confirmed this to the operator.
The fire safety service in this sense is part of the county administrative authority.
The following minimum qualifications are considered necessary for members of a fire safety watch provided by the operator:
- Minimum age completed 18 years of age,
- completed squad training (squad leader qualification)
- Knowledge of the local fire brigade,
- Knowledge of the place of assembly (e.g. fire regulations, alarm planning, etc.).
The fire protection authority may impose further requirements on the fire safety guard.
Anyone who, contrary to the Ordinance on Places of Assembly, fails to set up a fire safety guard or fails to ensure that a fire safety guard from the fire department is present or, in the case of events with an expected attendance of more than 5,000, fails to notify the authority responsible for medical and rescue services of this in good time, commits an administrative offence.
- Insofar as the fire safety guard is provided by a municipal fire brigade, the municipality may demand reimbursement of costs for this.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited