Armed transportation of money; application for weapons permits

If you are a cash-in-transit company and want to carry your weapons on commercial cross-border road transports of euro cash through Germany, you need permits under weapons law.


Permission to take weapons or ammunition into, through or out of the area of application of the Weapons Act (import, transit, export)

A firearm or ammunition is taken along by anyone who brings this firearm or ammunition temporarily on a journey without giving up possession for use across the border into, through or out of the area of application of the Act.

The following permits refer to the taking of firearms or ammunition according to Annex 1 to the Weapons Act, Section 3, Categories A 1.2 to C (classification of firearms or ammunition into categories A to C according to the Weapons Directive) into, through or out of the area of application of the Weapons Act, which extends to the entire national territory of the Federal Republic of Germany.

If you wish to take the above-mentioned weapons or other weapons, the acquisition and possession of which require a permit, into or through the area of application of the Weapons Act, the district administrative authority in whose district your border crossing into Germany takes place or which is responsible for your destination may issue you with a permit if the requirements of Section 4, Paragraph 1, Nos. 1 to 4 of the Weapons Act are met.

Weapons license

If, as a cash-in-transit company, you wish to take your firearms to Germany not only in a state in which they are not ready to fire and not ready to be accessed, but also to carry them with you for the purpose of guarding the cash-in-transit, you will require a firearms license in addition to the carry permit.

For alarm, irritant and signal weapons with "PTB sign" a so-called small weapons license is required. You do not need a firearms license to transport firearms that are not ready to fire or ready to be accessed.


Carry permit

  • Minimum age 18 years
  • Reliability
  • Personal suitability
  • Expertise
  • Need

If you have your habitual residence in another member state and wish to take weapons with you (import, export or transit), permission to do so will only be granted if you are the holder of a European firearms pass issued by that member state and the weapons are entered in the European firearms pass.

If you are a citizen of a third country, permission to take weapons through the area of application of the law to another member state also requires, insofar as the consent of the other member state is required, its prior consent.

You do not need permission to take weapons into or through the area of application of the Weapons Act (import, transit) for which you have a permit to acquire or possess under the Weapons Act.

Weapons license

  • Minimum age 18 years
  • Reliability
  • Personal suitability
  • Expert knowledge
  • Need
  • Insurance
  • for small firearms license: only minimum age 18 years, personal suitability and reliability.

For further details, please contact the district administrative authority responsible for you, in whose district the border crossing into Germany takes place or in whose district your destination is located.

Required documents

  • Identity card or passport

  • Proof of insurance against liability in the amount of 1 million euros - lump sum for personal injury and property damage

  • Certificate of competence

  • documents which show that you are carrying out guarding assignments which require the guarding of a cash transport

    No special justification is required for a small arms license.


    • Carry permit: between 25 and 500 euros
    • Firearms license: between 100 and 500 euros
    • Small arms license: between 30 and 150 euros


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.