Whistleblower reporting; transmission of a notice of violation by lawyers
If you have information about a violation of the Money Laundering Act by a lawyer, you can report it to the relevant bar association.
Information on violations within the scope of money laundering supervision can be reported to the competent supervisory authority in personalized or anonymous form, irrespective of a threshold value.
It should be noted, however, that a report to the supervisory authority must be distinguished from the reporting of a suspicious case to the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), which is located at Customs. In the event of a reportable suspicious case, this must generally be reported to the FIU via the "goAML" portal (see "Related Links" and "Related Topics").
You can report your indication of violations of the Money Laundering Act to the responsible office as follows:
- You prepare a written report of the potential or actual violation of the AMLA. If available, attach evidence.
- Important: You can always submit your report anonymously.
- Send the report to the bar association in whose district the lawyer has his or her registered office. In the BayernPortal, the contact details are displayed under "Responsible for you" if you specify the location.
The report can be submitted by mail, by e-mail or via a lawyer.
After receipt, the responsible supervisory authority examines the reported information.
- If contact data is available from you and the competent supervisory authority has queries, a consultation on your notification can be carried out.
- In the case of an anonymous report, further processing will take place without contact.
- If the information indicates a suspected crime, it will be forwarded to the locally responsible public prosecutor's office or police station and followed up there.
The processing time is not relevant for the person giving the hint, because no results are communicated.
- There are no costs involved.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium der Justiz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited