BOS digital radio; registration of fixed radio systems and siren control units
In Bavaria, the registration procedure for fixed radio systems of the Federal Agency for Digital Radio of Authorities and Organizations with Security Tasks (BDBOS) is required for the operation of fixed radio systems (FRT) and siren control units (TSE).
The requesting BOS must always be authorized to participate in BOS digital radio.
It is necessary for the BOS to use equipment suitable for BOS digital radio.
The planning and installation of the FRT and TSE systems is the responsibility of the respective BOS. Applications are submitted via the Tactical Technical Operations Center (TTB) responsible for the BOS.
The following stages must be completed as part of the BDBOS registration procedure for fixed radio systems (FRT) and siren control units (TSE). For the sake of simplicity, only the abbreviation FRT/TSE is used in the individual stages:
- Determination of the level values of the 3-4 best radio cells (TBS) at the location where the FRT/TSE antenna is to be installed by the applying BOS
- Entry of the directions of the TBS determined in a tool developed for this purpose by AS BY (attenuation calculation) by the applying BOS
- Entry of the orientation of the FRT antenna, the cable length, the FRT/TSE antenna type and the total attenuation in the attenuation calculation tool of the AS BY by the BOS
- Entry of the values from the attenuation calculation tool in the FRT/TSE application form by the BOS
Additional information (e.g. pictures of the location or special features at the FRT/TSE antenna location) can be added by the BOS.
- Submission of the data (FRT/TSE notification form, attenuation calculation and any additional information) via the Tactical Technical Operations Center (TTB) to the AS BY
- Checking the FRT/TSE application for retroactive effect on the BOS digital radio network by the AS BY
In the event of any queries, the AS BY contacts the BOS submitting the application
- Transmission of the FRT/TSE application to the BDBOS/Federal Network Agency (BNetzA) by the AS BY in order to receive the frequency allocation
- Transmission of the frequency allocation from the AS BY after receipt from the BDBOS/BNetzA to the TTB and from there to the BOS
- Installation of the FRT/TSE system by the BOS
- Transmission of the level values read from the newly installed FRT/TSE system by the BOS via the TTB to the AS BY
- Final testing of the level values of the new FRT/TSE system by the AS BY to ensure that they do not affect the BOS digital radio network
Fixed radio systems and siren control units can only be applied for by authorized BOS participating in digital radio BOS.
Fixed radio systems are registered with the BDBOS/BNetzA together with the siren control units in a fixed two-month registration cycle. These deadlines must be taken into account by the applicants in the timelines up to commissioning. Commissioning of an FRT or a TSE without a frequency allocation is not permitted.
The average processing time for the BDBOS application procedure for fixed radio systems and siren control units is 10 - 12 weeks until frequency allocation is granted.
Application for fixed radio installation (FRT) incl. attenuation calculation tool
- These are also to be used when applying for siren control units.
- The BOS receive the necessary documents from the tactical-technical operations center responsible for them.
additional documents (photos, drawings, etc.) may need to be submitted for special features at the location
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited