Professional driver qualification; application for recognition as a training center.
Training centers that want to offer the accelerated initial qualification and/or the continuing education within the framework of the professional driver qualification law require state recognition by the locally responsible government.
State-approved training centers are allowed to offer the accelerated initial qualification and/or the advanced training, which are usually necessary insofar as carriage of goods and passengers on public roads is carried out with motor vehicles for which a driver's license in classes C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D or DE is required.
Professional drivers can prove participation in training by means of the driver qualification certificate commissioned by the competent district administrative authority and produced by Bundesdruckerei.
Training centers for the accelerated basic qualification and/or the further training are recognized by the state if
- they have the personnel and material requirements for teaching the knowledge and skills required for the accelerated initial qualification and/or continuing education,
- they employ sufficient teaching staff in reasonable proportion to the number of participants in the initial qualification and/or continuing training
- they have suitable classrooms as well as teaching materials that are suitable and sufficient for each participant in order to carry out the teaching,
- continuous training of the teaching staff is ensured, and
- there are no facts that speak against the personal reliability of the applicant.
The application must be submitted to the Government of Upper Palatinate in writing or electronically (by e-mail). If the requirements are met, the state recognition will be issued in the form of a notice.
Training may not be held until state approval is received.
approx. 3 to 6 weeks (also several months possible, depending on the cooperation of the applicant)
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Fees depend on the administrative effort: 51.10 - 511.00 EUR
Expenses (if applicable for postal delivery certificate) will be charged in accordance with the Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt).
Action (action for commitment in the event of rejection of the application)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited