Professional driver qualification; application for recognition as a training center.
Training centers that want to offer the accelerated initial qualification and/or the continuing education within the framework of the professional driver qualification law require state recognition by the locally responsible government.
In addition to the state-recognized training centers, legally recognized training centers may also offer the accelerated basic qualification and/or the advanced training, which are usually necessary insofar as transports in the road haulage and passenger transport on public roads are carried out with motor vehicles for which a driving license of the classes C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D or DE is required.
Professional drivers can prove their participation in a training course by entering the code number 95 in their driver's license with the district administrative authority.
Training centers for the accelerated basic qualification and/or the further training are recognized by the state if
- they have the personnel and material requirements for teaching the knowledge and skills required for the accelerated initial qualification and/or continuing education,
- they employ sufficient teaching staff in reasonable proportion to the number of participants in the initial qualification and/or continuing training
- they have suitable classrooms as well as teaching materials that are suitable and sufficient for each participant in order to carry out the teaching,
- continuous training of the teaching staff is ensured, and
- there are no facts that speak against the personal reliability of the applicant.
The application must be submitted to the Government of Upper Palatinate in writing or electronically (by e-mail). If the requirements are met, the state recognition will be issued in the form of a notice.
If legally recognized training centers (in particular CE/DE driving schools and training companies) wish to offer and conduct training courses within the scope of the Professional Driver Qualification Act outside their authorization under the Driving Instructor Act or outside the premises of the business premises, they also require state recognition for this purpose.
Full proof of the above-mentioned requirements must then be provided.
Training may not be held until state approval is received.
approx. 3 to 6 weeks (also several months possible, depending on the cooperation of the applicant)
The following documents are required:
- Business registration (copy)
- Current extract from the commercial register
- Certificate of good conduct (document type "0" for submission to authorities) of the holder of the recognition / the responsible manager of the training facility and, in the case of legal entities, for all managing directors
- for further training and accelerated basic qualification: current training programme / the syllabus for further training
(overview, in which the areas of knowledge are provided with the respective hourly rate and the hourly or training plan)
- Statement or confirmation of the teaching material and teaching aids used (e.g. laptop, beamer, documents from publishers, own material, simulator, own vehicles, vehicles of a third party or customer vehicles)
- if own vehicles are used Registration certificates (vehicle registration document) and confirmation that these vehicles are roadworthy and TÜV-tested.
- if vehicles of a third party are used: Transfer of use
- Proof of the qualifications of the instructors used (e.g. by means of driving instructor's certificates with the latest driving instructor further training, certificates or degrees as a master of motor traffic, nutritionist, paramedic, policeman, etc. or other relevant degrees/master's titles)
- Driving licences of the instructors (copy)
- In case of recognition of premises:
- Floor plan of the building (incl. area specification, no pencil drawing or the like)
- Pictures of the seating and seating arrangement (from the instructor's point of view and from the participants' point of view)
- if the premises are not owned by the training centre: Transfer of use
- Details of the exact address, location (floor) and designation of the training room
- if the premises are located in the basement: proof of official approval or the like
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Fees depend on the administrative effort: 51.10 - 511.00 EUR
Expenses (if applicable for postal delivery certificate) will be charged in accordance with the Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt).
Action (action for commitment in the event of rejection of the application)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited