Insolvency; consulting

You can seek advice from a recognized insolvency counseling center or an appropriate person.


Over-indebted private individuals (natural persons) can apply to the local court for residual debt discharge as part of consumer insolvency proceedings. However, an out-of-court settlement with creditors must first be attempted.

Over-indebted citizens seeking consumer insolvency proceedings have the option of contacting a recognized insolvency advice center or, for example, a lawyer of their choice. Insofar as personal income circumstances require, an application for free legal advice (counseling assistance) is possible for advice from a lawyer, which must be submitted to the competent local court.

Before judicial residual debt discharge proceedings can be initiated, a suitable person (lawyer, notary, tax advisor) or a suitable body (recognized insolvency advice center) must certify that an out-of-court settlement attempt was made but failed.


You are over-indebted and are seeking consumer insolvency proceedings.


Contact a recognized insolvency advice center or a suitable person (lawyer, notary, tax advisor) of your choice.


You must seek advice before initiating residual debt discharge proceedings.


  • none


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.