Placement budget; application to the employment agency
If you are looking for or starting a new job or training program, you can, for example, have your expenses for application documents or for travel to an interview reimbursed by your employment agency.
The funding from the placement budget is intended to support you in looking for and taking up a new job or in-company training. In doing so, the employment agency can support you financially by, for example, covering the costs of your
- job applications,
- journeys or travel to job interviews,
- necessary documents (for example, certified copies, translations) or
- moving expenses (if you have to move for the new job).
can be covered.
Your counseling and placement specialist will check and decide which costs can be covered upon your request/application before the expected costs are incurred.
You can receive the subsidy if you are
- are unemployed or threatened by unemployment, i.e. have already received your notice of termination, and want to take up employment subject to compulsory insurance, or
- are looking for in-company training.
You can also receive the subsidy if you are seeking or starting employment subject to compulsory insurance in a member state of the European Union (EU), a signatory state to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or in Switzerland. The prerequisite is that you pursue the employment for at least 15 hours per week.
You cannot receive support from the placement budget if
- the employer provides similar benefits,
- other public agencies are legally obligated to pay similar benefits, or
- Applications are not sent by yourself.
Please note that you do not have a legal claim to funding from the placement budget. Your employment agency will decide whether and to what extent you will receive financial support. You will also need to provide evidence of your expenses.
- You are threatened by unemployment or unemployed and want to take up employment subject to compulsory insurance.
- You are looking for in-company training.
- Funding from the placement budget must be applied for before the costs are incurred.
You can apply for funding from the placement budget in writing to your local employment agency.
- Make an appointment with your counseling and placement specialist at the employment agency.
- We will then discuss with you whether funding from the placement budget is possible and what support services can be offered.
- You will receive the relevant application documents from your counseling and placement specialist.
- Fill out the documents, attach the necessary proofs or receipts and send the documents back to the Employment Agency.
- Please note that you must apply for funding and reimbursement from the placement budget before you incur any costs.
- You will receive a written decision as to whether the costs will be covered. In the application form, you can tick if you do not want to receive a notice as long as your request is fully complied with.
- The reimbursable costs will be transferred to the account you have indicated.
If you are a customer of the Employment Agency and would like to apply for reimbursement of your travel expenses to job interviews, you can also do so online:
- Arrange with your counseling and placement specialist for financial assistance from the placement budget.
- Have your counseling and placement specialist activate your account for the online platform "eService" of the Federal Employment Agency.
- Before the interview: Call up the "eService" online platform. Fill out the application form for the reimbursement of travel expenses - this is also how you inform your employment agency about your job interview.
- After the interview: Enter the costs incurred in your application and upload the relevant personalized evidence (for example, train tickets, employer confirmation) online.
You yourself or a person authorized by you may lodge an objection in writing or in writing with the Employment Agency. The objection must be received by the agency no later than one month after receipt of the decision.
The processing of your application usually takes between a few days and 12 weeks, provided that all required documents are complete. (0 to 12 weeks)
Vermittlungsbudget online beantragen
You can apply for reimbursement of travel expenses online before the interview. After the interview, specify the costs incurred in your application and upload the relevant evidence (for example, train tickets) online.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited