Partial retirement for civil servants; application
Partial retirement was introduced for Bavarian civil servants on August 1, 1999. It is intended to enable employees to make a smooth transition into retirement.
- Partial retirement may only be granted if there are no urgent official reasons for not doing so.
- The minimum age for claiming partial retirement is 60, and 58 for severely disabled civil servants. The age limit for teachers is the beginning of the school year in which they reach the relevant age.
- Partial retirement must cover the period up to the start of retirement.
- Partial retirement must cover a period of at least one year.
- Certain management positions are excluded from partial retirement.
The application for partial retirement must be submitted to the employer.
The approval of partial retirement is at the discretion of the employer.
The application for partial retirement should be submitted about three months before the planned start date.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium der Finanzen und für Heimat
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited