Prostitutes; registration of activity
If you wish to work as a prostitute, you must register with the competent authority.
The obligation to register applies regardless of whether the activity is carried out on a self-employed basis or as part of an employment relationship.
The registration certificate may not be issued if
- the required information and evidence is not available, in particular proof that health advice has been provided,
- the person is under 18 years of age,
- the person is an expectant mother in the last six weeks before giving birth at the time of registration,
- the person is under 21 years of age and there are indications that they are being or will be induced by third parties to take up or continue prostitution, or
- if there are indications that the person is or is to be induced into prostitution by third parties by exploiting a predicament, their helplessness associated with their stay in a foreign country or their personal or economic dependency, or that this person is or is to be exploited by third parties.
You must register in person with the authority in whose jurisdiction you primarily wish to work.
The personal registration and the information and counseling session should be conducted in a confidential setting.
During the consultation, the competent authority will provide the prostitute with information on the practice of prostitution in a suitable form. The information should be written in a language that the prostitute understands.
The competent authority shall issue the person subject to registration with a registration certificate as proof of registration.
Possible requirements for restricted areas must be observed.
You must register your activity before starting work.
In accordance with Section 5 (1) ProstSchG, the competent authority issues a registration certificate within five working days as proof that the person subject to the registration requirement has registered.
Identity card, passport, substitute passport or substitute identity card
(recent photographs without border, 45 mm high and 35 mm wide)
Evidence of health counselling provided
where applicable, proof that you are entitled to pursue an activity as an employed or self-employed person
(only foreign nationals who are not entitled to freedom of movement)
- 35 euros for the issue of a registration certificate
- 35 euros for the issue of an alias certificate
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited