Veterinarian; application for a clearance certificate to take up work abroad

If you would like to work as a veterinarian abroad, you will generally need a certificate of good standing.



The last professional activity must have been exercised in Bavaria.

Processing time

It can take several weeks to process the application for a certificate of good standing.

Required documents

  • Certificate of good conduct of document type "O

  • Clearance certificate of the Bavarian Chamber of Veterinary Surgeons

    (Original or in the form of a copy officially or notarially certified in Germany)

  • Approbationsurkunde

    (Copy certified by a German seal authority or a German notary)


Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.


    • Certificate of good standing monolingual (German language): 60,00 EUR
    • Certificate of good standing bilingual (languages German and English): 80,00 EUR


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit, Pflege und Prävention

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.