Psychotherapist; application for a certificate of no objection to work abroad

If you wish to work as a psychotherapist abroad, you will usually need a certificate of good standing.



The professional activity must have been last performed in Bavaria.


You must submit the application with the required documents to the competent authority.

If you were working as a psychotherapist in the administrative districts of Upper Franconia, Middle Franconia or Lower Franconia, the government of Lower Franconia is responsible, otherwise the government of Upper Bavaria.



Processing time

The processing of the application for a Certificate of good standing may take several weeks.

Required documents

  • Certificate of good conduct of document type "O

  • Clearance certificate from the Bavarian Chamber of Psychotherapists

    (Original or in the form of a copy officially or notarially certified in Germany)

  • Approbationsurkunde

    (Copy certified by a German seal authority or a German notary)


Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.


    • Certificate of good standing monolingual (language German): 60,00 EUR
    • Certificate of good standing bilingual (languages German and English): 80,00 EUR


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit, Pflege und Prävention

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.