Identity card, passport and eID card; applying for a change of address or place of residence
If you move, you are obliged to have your ID card, passport or eID card (for EU nationals) updated.
You have already registered with the relevant registration authority.
The change of address can be initiated by the document holder personally or by a person with appropriate power of attorney.
You must go in person to the relevant passport/ID/eID card authority (municipality, town or administrative community) with the documents.
You can also have the change of address carried out by a representative. The representative must present a power of attorney from you and identify themselves with their identity document (usually an ID card or passport). The identity document to be changed must be brought along.
- The address is changed on the chip. An address sticker is affixed to the back of the ID card so that the address is also visible on the card.
- The new place of residence is changed directly and visibly on the passport.
- The address on the chip is changed.
It is advisable to change your address or place of residence at the same time as registering your place of residence.
If you are deregistering abroad in person, you can change your address/place of residence when you deregister.
as quickly as possible
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited