Fire protection of buildings; enforcement of building regulations
The respective lower building supervisory authority is responsible for the enforcement of building regulations.
The Bavarian Building Code (BayBO) and the ordinances issued on its basis, such as
- the Garages and Parking Spaces Ordinance (GaStellV),
- the Ordinance on Places of Assembly (VStättV),
- the Ordinance on Places of Accommodation (BStättV),
- the Ordinance on Places of Sale (VkV) or
- the Firing Ordinance (FeuV)
contain building regulations that are to be observed in the event of a fire.
- allow for escape and rescue possibilities for persons
- protect load-bearing building components from collapse for a sufficiently long time,
- prevent the spread of fire within large buildings and to other buildings.
respective lower building supervisory authority is responsible for the enforcement of building regulations.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited