Rental housing for people with disabilities; application for a grant for the adaptation
The adaptation of rented housing to the needs of people with disabilities (Section 2 (1) of the Ninth Book of the Social Code) can be funded.
For structural measures in existing buildings to adapt rented housing to the needs of people with disabilities (e.g. installation of a handicapped-accessible bathroom or stair lift, construction of a ramp for wheelchair users), owners of rented housing can receive a performance-free construction loan of up to 10,000 euros.
- Only households whose income does not exceed the income limits specified in Art. 11 BayWoFG can benefit from the subsidy.
- Proof of a disability in accordance with Section 2 (1) SGB IX must be provided.
- The construction project may not be started before the subsidies have been approved.
There is no legal entitlement to a subsidy.
The procedure is two-stage:
- The application must be submitted to the granting agency using the forms and documents provided. In the case of a two-family house, the application must be submitted to your district office or city, and in the case of a multi-family house, the application must be submitted to the responsible government (exception: if the rental apartment is located in Augsburg, Munich or Nuremberg, the city is the approval office). The approval is made by the approval office.
- The Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt is responsible for loan approval and delivery of the notice of approval.
The disbursement is to be applied for at the approval office.
Occupancy commitment 5 years
After completion of the measure, the supporting documents must be submitted after 6 months at the latest.
Proof of ownership of the property (e.g. copy of the land register)
Proof of financing - Sketch plan (in the event of a change in the layout of the apartment)
Proof of disability (e.g. severely disabled pass, specialist medical certificate)
Copy of the official identity card
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited