Technology promotion; information
The Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy promotes the development of technologically new products and processes as well as the application of new technologies in both open-technology and technology-specific funding programs.
Bavarian research and technology policy relies on a whole bundle of instruments. Its core tasks include
- Identifying and picking up on technology trends,
- to build up an efficient research infrastructure
- to create optimal framework conditions for industrial research
- dovetailing technology supply and demand,
- supporting specific research projects
- initiate technology-oriented business start-ups, and
- to build on its own regional strengths.
Important technology-open and technology-specific funding programs are:
- In the Bavarian Program for the Promotion of Technology-Oriented Start-ups (BayTOU), company start-ups in promising technology areas are stimulated and newly founded companies are supported by funding R&D projects.
- The Bavarian Technology Promotion Program plus (BayTP+) supports small and medium-sized enterprises in the development of technologically new products and production processes.
- The "Bavarian Innovation Voucher" supports small companies in developing technically innovative products, processes or services in cooperation with external R&D service providers or research institutions.
- The Bavarian Collaborative Research Program (BayVFP) supports collaboration between science and industry in the field of industrial research. Funding is provided for collaborative projects in the four technology policy fields of action "Materials and Materials", "Life Science", "Digitization" and "Mobility". Particular attention is also paid to the interfaces between the fields of action.
- The energy research program supports the research, development and application of new energy and energy-saving technologies as well as the implementation of studies.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited