Private elementary and secondary schools; application for a grant for school expenses.
Private elementary schools and middle schools approved by the school supervisory authority receive state funding upon application by the school authority. Lump-sum grants are awarded for the necessary school expenses.
The purpose of the state grants is to assist private entities in financing school expenses.
Private elementary and secondary schools operated by a legal entity under public or private law and operating on a non-profit basis are granted benefits for school expenses.
School boards receive a lump-sum grant amount per pupil per school year for necessary school expenses.
A two-year grace period applies (exception: church schools).
School boards of private substitute schools are eligible to apply.
Among other things:
- Proof of the non-profit status of the school authority (Art. 29 Para. 2 BaySchFG).
- Presence of a school supervisory approval of the school according to Art. 92 ff. BayEUG
- Benefits are only granted if the school has existed for at least two years without significant objections from the school supervisory authorities.
The Bavarian State Office for Schools handles the processing of the lump-sum benefits for necessary school expenses centrally.
Substitute schools may only be established and operated with state approval. The application for approval, together with all the necessary documents, must be submitted to the school supervisory authority no later than four months before the start of the school year (for further information, see "Related topics"). If you intend to establish a school or apply for state funding, please contact the local government as early as possible to avoid errors or deficiencies in the application process.
among other things: Proof of non-profit status (certified by the responsible tax office)
Notice of approval from the locally competent government
if necessary, further documents
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Landesamt für Schule
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited