Assistance from the youth welfare office; application

At the written request of a parent, the Youth Welfare Office will assist the child in establishing paternity, asserting maintenance claims and disposing of these claims.



A parent who has sole parental custody or with whom the child lives needs support in enforcing the child's claims against the other parent.


The guardianship must be applied for at the youth welfare office responsible for the place of residence.

Special notes

In Bavaria, independent youth welfare organizations (e.g. youth welfare associations) can also manage guardianships instead of the youth welfare offices due to state regulations.


  • The guardianship is free of charge for the child or the parent authorized to apply.


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium der Justiz

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.