Cable car operations manager; application for recognition of a foreign qualification

If you have worked abroad as a cable car operator and would now like to practice your profession in Bavaria, you will need recognition of your foreign qualification.



If you have acquired your professional qualification as a ropeway operations manager abroad, you must provide evidence of your professional experience and the completion of your professional training.

As part of the recognition procedure, it will be checked whether your training and level of knowledge is comparable and equivalent to the national qualification "ropeway operations manager".


You can submit the application for recognition of the foreign qualification informally to the competent authority, the Government of Upper Bavaria. You can also send the application by e-mail.

The government will confirm receipt of your application and documents within one month and inform you whether the documents are complete or which documents need to be submitted later.

Once you have submitted the documents in full, the government of Upper Bavaria will check whether your foreign qualification is equivalent to the "ropeway operations manager" qualification regulated by state law.

In particular, it will check whether you are entitled to exercise the profession of ropeway operations manager in your country of training and origin and whether there are any significant differences between your foreign and domestic qualifications.

The government of Upper Bavaria will decide within three months whether to recognize your qualification:

  • If the competent authority comes to the conclusion that your qualification is equivalent to the qualification as a "ropeway operations manager" under state law, then your qualification as a ropeway operations manager will be recognized.
  • However, if the government of Upper Bavaria determines that there are significant differences between the qualifications, a compensation measure is necessary.
  • In the case of compensation measures, you can choose between an adaptation course and an aptitude test. Without the compensation measure, your profession cannot be recognized and you cannot be appointed as a ropeway operations manager.
  • In the aptitude test, you must demonstrate the essential skills and knowledge required for the profession of "ropeway operations manager". The examination must be taken within six months of your choice or appointment.

The government of Upper Bavaria will inform you of the decision regarding recognition and any necessary compensatory measures by means of a notification.

Special notes

EU foreigners: Documents that are not in German must be submitted in a certified translation. All documents must be submitted in the original.

Non-EU foreigners: All documents (university degree, examination certificates, etc.) must be recognized by the government of Swabia.



Processing time

The government of Upper Bavaria decides within three months. The period begins with the receipt of the complete documents. The deadline can be extended once.

Required documents

  • You must submit the following documents:

    • Curriculum vitae
    • Tabular list of education and training completed and gainful employment in German, if not included in the curriculum vitae
    • proof of education acquired abroad (e.g. certificates)
    • Proof of your professional experience
    • Proof of identity (e.g. valid passport or identity card)
    • Declaration as to whether an application for recognition of the qualification has already been submitted and, if so, to which authority
    • Declaration that you intend to pursue an activity in Bavaria corresponding to your professional qualifications (e.g. proof of application for an entry visa for gainful employment, contact with possible employers).
    • If, subsequently, the entrepreneur of the ropeway where you wish to work as an operations manager is to apply for confirmation of your appointment as a ropeway operations manager for a specific ropeway, you will also need, among other things, a current certificate of good conduct from the Federal Central Register.
    • In individual cases, the Government of Upper Bavaria may require the submission of a medical certificate as proof of suitability.

    Documents that are not in German must be submitted in a certified translation. All documents must be submitted in the original.


Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.

  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide: Formloser Antrag (ohne Unterschrift)
    Please note

    This form requires no signature. You can sent it electronically (e.g. by secure email or De-Mail) or as hardcopy to the responsible authority.


  • Cost framework according to the current list of costs: 300 to 600 EUR


You have the right to take legal action against the decision of the competent authority. This means that you can take legal action against the decision.

You will find more detailed information and important information, particularly with regard to deadlines, in the information on legal remedies at the end of your decision.


Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium des Innern und für Heimat

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.