Inland skippers and seafarers; registration

If you move to an inland vessel, you must register with the registration office of the place where the vessel's home port is located. As an owner of sea-going vessels, you must register and deregister the captain and crew members with your registration office.


Anyone moving onto an inland waterway vessel that is registered in a ship register in the Federal Republic of Germany must register with the registration authority of the place in which the home port of the vessel is located. The provisions on the general duty to register and on the duty of the person obliged to register to provide information apply accordingly. The obligation to register does not apply as long as the person is registered for a home in Germany. The registration and deregistration can also be carried out at another registration authority or at the water police, which will forward the data to the competent registration authority.

The owner of a sea-going vessel entitled to fly the federal flag shall register the master and crew members of the vessel at the beginning of the employment, hiring or training relationship. He has to deregister these persons at the end of the employment, hiring or training relationship. The registration authority at the registered office of the shipowner is responsible. The obligation to register does not apply to persons who are registered for a home in Germany. The persons to be reported must provide the shipowner with the necessary information.


Registration and deregistration must take place within two weeks of occupancy.


  • none


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.