Inland navigation operators and seafarers; registration

If you are moving to an inland waterway vessel, you must register. As the owner of an ocean-going vessel, you must register and deregister the captain and crew members.



  • The inland waterway vessel must be registered for a shipping register in the Federal Republic of Germany.
  • The seagoing vessel must be authorized to fly the federal flag.


The registration authority of the place where the ship's home port is located is responsible for registration. However, registration and deregistration can also be carried out at another registration authority or at the water police, which will forward the data to the responsible registration authority.


Registration and deregistration must take place within two weeks of moving in.


  • none


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.