Motor vehicle; application for deregistration
The registration of a motor vehicle can be interrupted if it is taken out of service.
Decommissioning is entered in the registration certificate part I.
It can also be carried out online. It is then automated and takes effect immediately after the entries have been completed. The holder also receives confirmation of the deregistration electronically or by post.
This requires the security codes of the registration certificate part I and the license plates to be entered.
You can access the Internet-based processes on the portal of your registration authority. You will also find further information there.
Information on the online procedures of the registration authorities can be found under "Further links".
After seven years, a new operating license is required for re-registration if the proof is missing.
Registration certificate Part I
The decommissioning is entered in the registration certificate Part I.
Since January 01, 2015, decommissioning can also be carried out internet-based. Since October 1, 2019, the decommissioning has been automated on the Internet and is effective immediately upon completion of the entries.
The prerequisites for this are, in addition to the electronic ID card with the corresponding signature, the security codes of the registration certificate Part I and the license plates.
You can access the Internet-based processes on the portal of your registration authority. You can also obtain further information there.
Official registration number(s)
in case of disposal of the vehicle: additionally proof of disposal, registration certificate part II
- Decommissioning at a registration authority: EUR 15.90
- Decommissioning via the Internet: EUR 2.10
- The registration authority may also charge for any postage costs incurred.
- Added to this are the fees of the Federal Motor Transport Authority (EUR 0.60) and for document seals used (EUR 0.30 each). If the license plate is reserved for re-registration of the same vehicle, an additional EUR 2.60 is charged.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited