Certified social insurance specialist (specializing in statutory pension and miners' social insurance); application for recognition of a foreign qualification
You can apply for recognition of the profession of social insurance specialist.
You can apply for an equivalence determination in accordance with the Berufsqualifikationsfeststellungsgesetz (BQFG) if you have successfully completed vocational training abroad.
Equivalence with the German profession of social insurance specialist can be established if
- your foreign vocational training qualifies you for comparable activities and
- your foreign professional qualification does not show any significant differences with regard to the skills, knowledge and abilities acquired.
- You may also have to prove that you intend to pursue gainful employment in Germany.
The application can be submitted regardless of citizenship and residence status.
Sufficient German language skills are also expected for professional practice.
- You can submit the application for recognition of your foreign professional qualification in writing to the Bavarian State Ministry for Family Affairs, Labor and Social Affairs (StMAS).
- First of all, it will be checked whether your foreign qualification corresponds to the domestic reference occupation you have stated (in this case: Geprüfte/r Sozialversicherungsfachwirt/in, Fachrichtung gesetzliche Renten- und knappschaftliche Sozialversicherung). If necessary, the StMAS will inform you which other office is responsible for you. In this case, you can withdraw the application free of charge.
- Within the framework of the equivalence test of your foreign qualification, the StMAS checks in particular whether you are qualified by your foreign professional training to perform comparable professional activities as evidenced by the corresponding German training certificate and whether there are significant differences between the foreign professional qualification and the corresponding German professional training with regard to the acquired skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Evidence of relevant professional experience (from abroad or from Germany) and other evidence of qualification (e.g. additional qualifications or further and continuing training not regulated by legal or administrative provisions) are also taken into account.
- If no significant differences are found, the full equivalence of your foreign professional qualification will be determined.
If there are significant differences and at the same time comparable qualification contents, the existing qualifications as well as the differences to the reference occupation will be described in the decision.
Late repatriates can alternatively apply for an equivalence determination in accordance with Section 10 of the Federal Expellees Act (BVFG).
Within the framework of this free procedure - in contrast to the procedure according to the BQFG - no professional experience can be taken into account.
Entitled persons under the BVFG can choose whether to submit an application under the BQFG or the BVFG.
The StMAS will confirm receipt of your application within one month and, if necessary, inform you which required documents need to be supplemented. After the documents are complete, the decision will be made within three months. In justified cases, this period may be reasonably extended.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
The recognition procedure in accordance with the BQFG is generally subject to a fee.
The fees for a corresponding procedure are based on the fee law of the Free State of Bavaria and depend on the individual effort required to carry out the procedure. The fees generally range between EUR 25.00 and EUR 1,000.00. Pursuant to Art. 14 of the Bavarian Cost Law, the performance of the declaratory proceedings can be made dependent on the payment of an appropriate advance on costs.
Further costs, e.g. for translations and certifications, must be borne by you.
Unemployed and job-seeking applicants should check with their relevant employment agencies or job centers before submitting an application to see whether the costs can be covered by the employment service.
The information portal "Recognition in Germany" (see "Further links"), for example, provides information on other options for financial support.
The recognition procedure under the Federal Expellees Act (BVFG), on the other hand, is free of charge (see Special Information).
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited