Pathogens; indication of activities
Anyone wishing to bring pathogens into the Federal Republic of Germany for the first time, export them, store them, dispense them or work with them must notify the authorities.
Anyone wishing to commence activities involving pathogens for the first time must notify the competent government at least 30 days before commencement.
An activity involving pathogens is the introduction of pathogens as defined by the Infection Protection Act (IfSG) into the Federal Republic of Germany, the execution, storage, dispensing or working with them.
The notice shall include:
- a certified copy of the permit (if the permit was not issued by the government to which this notification is made) or information on the exemption from the permit,
- Information on the nature and scope of the intended activities and disposal measures,
- information on the nature of the premises and facilities.
Insofar as the information has already been provided in another procedure regulated by federal law, reference may be made to the documents submitted there.
The notification is made via the online procedure at the government responsible for the place of business. If you wish to submit the notification in paper form, please contact the government responsible.
The competent authority must also be notified immediately of any significant change in the nature of the rooms and facilities, the disposal measures and the type and scope of the activity. The termination or resumption of the activity must also be notified (for notification of changes, see "Related services").
You must notify the start of the activity at least 30 days before the scheduled date.
An administrative fee is charged to the applicant, taking into account the time and material administrative expense incurred and the importance of the matter (Cost Act - KG). Depending on the individual case, the costs generally range from €5.00 to €160.00; this information is provided for guidance.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited