Third-order water bodies; application for funding
The Free State of Bavaria supports the Bavarian cities and municipalities in the realization of water management measures (in the area of watercourse development and maintenance) with grants.
Who is supported?
- Municipalities and municipal special-purpose associations
- Water and soil associations
- Landscape conservation associations
What is supported?
A detailed list of the funding elements can be found in the currently valid Guidelines for Grants for Water Management Projects (RZWas). The main areas of support are:
- Development projects for the creation or improvement of flood protection of built-up areas as well as conceptual preliminary work on the subject of flood protection (e.g. flood protection concepts, flood plain determination)
- Development projects for the near-natural development and design of watercourses or their floodplains as well as the conceptual preliminary work on the subject of water ecology / watercourse development (e.g. watercourse development concepts)
- Watercourse maintenance projects
- Preparation of irrigation concepts
- Creation of flash flood concepts
Detailed regulations in the currently valid guidelines for grants for water management projects (RZWas); advice from the locally responsible water management office.
The currently valid guidelines for grants for water management projects (RZWas) expire on December 31, 2024. The guidelines will be updated.
A final list of the required documents can be found in the currently valid Guidelines for Grants for Water Management Projects (RZWas).
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited