Protection of cultural property; registration
Under certain conditions, cultural property can be entered in a "register of nationally valuable cultural property".
The registration takes place upon application of the owner of the cultural property or ex officio. The competent authority is the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and Art. A five-member committee of experts is consulted before the decision on registration is made. Church-owned cultural property can only be registered upon application. The complete list of all cultural assets registered in the federal states is published on an Internet portal for all federal states.
Registration brings tax advantages for the owner. In addition, in cases of unlawful removal to a Member State of the European Communities (for example, in the case of theft), the Member State from whose territory the cultural object was unlawfully removed has a direct claim for return against the owner, in addition to the respective claims for restitution under civil law on the basis of the national provisions of the Member States adopted in accordance with Directive 2014/60/EU.
- Work of art or other cultural property (archive material, library material)
- Cultural property is located in Bavaria
- The cultural asset is particularly significant for the cultural heritage of Germany, the federal states or one of its historical regions and thus identity-forming for the culture of Germany; its emigration would mean a substantial loss for the German cultural heritage and its retention in the federal territory is in the outstanding public interest.
Information on the cultural property/archival property (brief description)
Details of the owner(s) (address for service)
Brief justification from a professional point of view on the significance of the cultural property/archival property
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wissenschaft und Kunst
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited