Aircraft license; application for a permit or authorization to operate an aircraft.
Participation in air traffic requires a permit and corresponding registered ratings. A distinction is made between permits to fly motorized aircraft, helicopters, gliders, balloons, airships and air sports equipment.
Obtaining a permit to fly aircraft requires theoretical and practical training. The training can only be conducted at an approved or declared training organization (flight school) and imparts knowledge and practical skills in aviation law, human performance, meteorology, communication, fundamentals of flying, operating procedures, flight performance and flight planning, general aircraft knowledge and navigation. Only after passing theoretical and practical examinations at the responsible aviation office is the permit issued.
Permits for commercial and professional pilots as well as permits for air sports equipment (ultralight aircraft, hang gliders, paragliders and parachutists) do not fall under the responsibility of the air offices. The following authorities are responsible here:
- the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt for commercial/professional pilots
- the air sports associations for air sports equipment
- physical and mental fitness as determined by an aviation physician
- reliability of character
- minimum age (depending on the type of permit)
- Training time in theory and practice with a specified minimum number of flight hours, takeoffs and landings
- Acquisition of a radiotelephony certificate
- If applicable, proof of English language skills in accordance with ICAO requirements
The requirements in detail can be inquired at the flight schools or at the air traffic control offices.
The form must be submitted to the Aviation Office together with the documents specified therein.
The documents to be submitted are specified in the application form.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited