Associations; registration of an association of foreigners or a foreign association
The establishment, amendment and dissolution of a foreign association or a foreigners' association with its registered office in Germany must be registered within two weeks with the respective district administrative authority, i.e. the competent district-free municipality or the competent district administration office.
A foreigners' association is an association whose members or leaders are predominantly foreigners. A foreign association is an association with its registered office abroad whose organization or activities extend to Germany. The board of directors is obliged to register. If an association does not have a board of directors, the obligation to register applies to the members authorized to represent the association. In the case of an organizational establishment of a foreign association, the obligation to register also applies to the persons who manage the establishment.
The registration must be in German and contain the following:
- the articles of association of the association or, if the association has no articles of association, information on the name, registered office and purpose of the association
- names and addresses of the members of the board or of the persons authorized to represent the association
- information on the countries in which the association has sub-organizations.
The authorities shall issue a registration certificate free of charge.
Violation of the obligation to register is subject to a fine.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited