Land register; application for a name change or change of name

Name changes and changes of name are recorded in the land register upon request.



The change of name must be proven to the land registry by means of a public or publicly certified document. A simple copy is not sufficient.

Possible proof is:

  • Marriage certificate,
  • certified extract from the family register,
  • certificate from the registry office confirming the change of name,
  • current excerpt from the commercial register.


  • Form, Bavaria-wide: Antrag auf Namensberichtigung im Grundbuch
    Please note

    This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.


  • A name change is free of charge.


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium der Justiz

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.