Animal pathogens; application for a permit for laboratories
You need the permit for laboratories if you want to work with animal pathogens.
You need this permit if you want to work with animal infectious agents, in particular if you want to carry out tests, microbiological or serological examinations to determine transmissible animal diseases or breeding, or if you want to acquire or supply animal infectious agents.
Working with animal pathogens that are capable of reproduction can pose a not inconsiderable risk to the animal populations of a region. Therefore, knowledge and regular control of the institutions handling this material is essential. Before a permit is issued by the responsible government, it is checked whether the requirements for a permit are met. Appropriate annexes and ancillary provisions in the permit notice ensure that the legal requirements are implemented and that there is no danger from an epidemiological point of view.
The requirements mentioned below must be proven by appropriate documentation. The competent authority must be notified immediately of any change in the person responsible for managing the activity and of any significant change in the premises or facilities. The competent authority is the government.
- Proof of expertise is required for the performance/management of the activity. According to § 4 para. 2 of the Tierseuchenerreger-Verordnung (Ordinance on Animal Pathogens), proof of expertise is defined as follows
- license to practice as a veterinarian, physician or pharmacist or a university degree in biology or food chemistry and
- an activity of at least three years with animal pathogens as defined in § 2 para. 1 no. 1
- Proof of personal reliability of the applicant and the head of the activity, if the applicant is not the head of the activity.
- Proof of suitable rooms or facilities
- Concerns of animal disease control must not be opposed to this
The regulations on activities with pathogens in the Infection Protection Act and the requirements of the Biological Substances Ordinance must also be taken into account.
There are no deadlines to meet.
- The permit notice is subject to a fee in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 3 of the Cost Law (approx. 150 € to 250 € depending on the case).
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited