Surveying in the building industry; application for recognition as an inspection expert
The registration committee of the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers decides on the recognition as an inspection expert for the field of surveying in civil engineering.
In Bavaria, only those who are recognized in this field are allowed to use the designation "Prüfsachverständiger für Vermessung im Bauwesen".
Inspection experts for surveying in the building industry certify compliance with the floor area and height of building structures specified in the building documents or by the building authorities (§ 21 PrüfVBau). They are independent within the scope of their duties.
The registration committee at the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers examines and decides on the recognition as an inspection expert for surveying in civil engineering. The Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers maintains a list of recognized surveyors for surveying in the building industry.
General requirements (apply to inspection experts in all fields and disciplines, § 4 PrüfVBau):
Inspection experts can only be persons who
- have the personality to guarantee that they perform their tasks properly in the sense of § 5 PrüfVBau,
- have the ability to hold public office,
- work independently and on their own responsibility
- have their place of business or a branch office in the Free State of Bavaria,
- have a command of the German language, both written and spoken.
Special requirements (§ 20 PrüfVBau):
Only persons are recognized as surveyors for surveying in the construction industry who have
- have completed a course of study in surveying at a German university or an equivalent course of study at a foreign university,
- have three years of professional experience in surveying.
Curriculum vitae with professional background
Certificate of good conduct
Proof of application for a certificate of good conduct for submission to a public authority
Final and employment certificates (copy)
Information on branches
Information on any participation in a company whose purpose is the planning and execution of construction projects.
Information on ownership and independence
Evidence of compliance with the specific conditions
Proof of at least three years' experience in the surveying sector
Antrag für die Anerkennung als Prüfsachverständiger für Vermessung im Bauwesen
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited