Earthwork and foundation engineering; application for recognition as a testing expert
The registration committee of the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers decides on the recognition as a testing expert for the field of earthwork and foundation engineering.
In Bavaria, only those who are recognized in this field are allowed to use the designation "inspection expert for earthwork and foundation engineering".
Testing experts for earthwork and foundation engineering certify the completeness and correctness of the information on the subsoil with regard to material composition, structure and geological influences, its load-bearing capacity and the assumptions made for the foundation or embedding of the building structure (§ 27 PrüfVBau). They are independent within the scope of their duties.
The registration committee at the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers examines and decides on the recognition as a testing expert for earthwork and foundation engineering. The proof of the technical suitability (part of the special requirements) is carried out by an expert opinion, which the registration committee obtains from an advisory board existing at the Federal Chamber of Engineers. The Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers maintains a list of recognized testing experts for earthwork and foundation engineering.
General requirements (apply to inspection experts in all fields and disciplines, § 4 PrüfVBau):
Inspection experts can only be persons who
- have the personality to guarantee that they perform their tasks properly in the sense of § 5 PrüfVBau,
- have the ability to hold public office,
- work independently and on their own responsibility
- have their place of business in the Free State of Bavaria,
- have a command of written and spoken German.
It should be noted here that testing experts for earthwork and foundation engineering do not have to work independently if they are solely responsible for their work from a technical point of view and are not subject to instructions (§ 25 Para. 2 PrüfVBau).
Special requirements (§ 25 para. 1 PrüfVBau):
Only persons who have
- have completed a course of study in civil engineering, geotechnics or a course of study specializing in engineering geology at a German university or an equivalent course of study at a foreign university,
- have been working in the construction industry for at least nine years and have been entrusted with the preparation or assessment of stability certificates in earthwork and foundation engineering for at least three of these years,
- have in-depth knowledge of earthwork and foundation engineering,
- are neither themselves, nor their employees or members of an association according to § 4 sentence 2 no. 2 PrüfVBau involved in a company of the construction industry or in a drilling company.
The registration committee shall obtain an expert opinion from an advisory board of the Federal Chamber of Engineers on the existence of requirement No. 3.
Decision within three months after submission of complete documentation; deadline may be extended once by two months.
Curriculum vitae with professional background
Certificate of good conduct
Proof of application for a certificate of good conduct for submission to a public authority
Final and employment certificates (copy)
Information on branches
Information on any participation in a company whose purpose is the planning and execution of construction projects.
Information on ownership and independence
Evidence of compliance with the specific conditions
- A list of at least nine years of experience in the construction industry
- A list of at least three years of experience in earthworks and foundation engineering with regard to the preparation or assessment of stability certificates
- A list of all subsoil reports prepared within the last two years prior to the submission of the application, of which at least ten must be highlighted, which show that above-average tasks have been performed, of which two must be submitted separately
- Assurance that there is no participation in a construction company or a drilling company
Antrag für die Anerkennung als Prüfsachverständiger für den Erd- und Grundbau
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited