Commercial enterprises; application for a State guarantee
The Land of Bavaria provides state guarantees for loans to finance projects in the commercial sector.
Within the framework of economic promotion, projects are promoted in Bavaria, the implementation of which is of national economic interest to the Free State of Bavaria
The state guarantee serves as a substitute for missing bank securities without which the loan could not otherwise be granted
applicants are commercial enterprises (including members of the liberal professions)
Guarantees are granted for loans to finance investments (including business takeovers), exceptionally for working capital loans (especially in connection with investments) and guarantee credits (especially in connection with orders
Type and amount
The deficiency guarantee is limited to an appropriate part of the loan (maximum 80 %), depending on the individual case. State guarantees are possible for guarantee amounts exceeding EUR 5,000,000.00. Below this amount, guarantees are available from LfA Förderbank Bayern or Bürgschaftsbank Bayern GmbH (see "Related Topics" and "Further Links"). .
- Own funds as well as existing collateral are to be given priority. Shareholders should assume joint liability.
- The guarantee period may not exceed 15 years.
- The through-financing of the project and the overall financing of the company must be secured.
- In addition, EU state aid law must be complied with.
- You can apply for a state guarantee at a credit institution of your choice (house bank).
- If your principal bank is prepared to grant the loan on assumption of a state guarantee, it will forward the application to LfA Förderbank Bayern for examination and processing.
- The State Ministry of Finance and Home Affairs decides on the application after approval by the state government.
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- A state guarantee cannot be granted retrospectively for loans that have already been granted.
- one-off application fee: 0.5 % of the guarantee amount, minimum EUR 250.00, maximum EUR 25,000.00
- annual guarantee fee: at least 0.5 % of the guarantee amount
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium der Finanzen und für Heimat
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited