Commercial enterprises; application for a state guarantee
The Free State of Bavaria provides state guarantees for loans to finance projects in the commercial sector.
Within the framework of economic development, projects are supported in Bavaria, the implementation of which is of national economic interest to the Free State of Bavaria
The state guarantee serves as a substitute for missing bank collateral without which the loan could not otherwise be granted
applicants are commercial enterprises (including members of the liberal professions)
Guarantees are granted for loans to finance investments (including business takeovers), exceptionally for working capital loans (especially in connection with investments) and guarantee loans (especially in connection with orders
Type and amount
The deficiency guarantee is limited to an appropriate portion of the loan (maximum 80%), depending on the individual case. State guarantees are possible for guarantee amounts exceeding EUR 5,000,000.00. Below this amount, guarantees are available from LfA Förderbank Bayern or Bürgschaftsbank Bayern GmbH (see "Related Topics" and "Related Links"). .
- Own funds and existing collateral are to be given priority. Shareholders are to assume joint liability.
- The guarantee period may not exceed 15 years.
- Financing of the project and the overall financing of the company must be secured.
- In addition, EU state aid legislation must be complied with.
- You can submit the application for a state guarantee to a credit institution of your choice (house bank).
- If your principal bank is willing to grant the loan upon assumption of a state guarantee, it will forward the application to LfA Förderbank Bayern for review and processing.
- The State Ministry of Finance and Home Affairs decides on the application after approval by the state government.
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- A state guarantee cannot be granted retrospectively for loans that have already been extended.
- one-time application fee: 0.5 % of the guarantee amount, minimum EUR 250.00, maximum EUR 25,000.00
- Annual guarantee fee: at least 0.5 % of the guarantee amount
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium der Finanzen und für Heimat
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited