Household check procedure; registration and deregistration of household assistance, notification of change.
If you employ a domestic helper on a mini-job basis, you must register them using the household check procedure.
- You comply with the remuneration limit for marginal employees (520.00 EUR per month).
- You are a private household and
- it concerns household-related work, which is normally done by members of the household:
- washing clothes,
- care for children, seniors, sick people, people in need of care and people with disabilities.
- You do not use the household check to commission craftsmen's work, such as masonry or roofing work.
You can report your household help online or by phone, mail or fax.
- Go to www.minijob-zentrale.de and complete the form online.
- Submit the form online.
- You will receive a confirmation.
- The Minijob-Zentrale will send you the SEPA direct debit mandate for signature and will automatically deduct the corresponding amount on the due dates.
Notification by mail or fax:
- Go to www.minijob-zentrale.de and download the appropriate form.
- Print the form, fill it out, sign it and send it by mail or fax to the Minijob-Zentrale.
- The Minijob-Zentrale will automatically deduct the appropriate amount from your account on the due dates.
Alternatively, you can contact the Minijob-Zentrale by telephone.
Note: The pension insurance number for domestic help is issued by the German statutory pension insurance. The number can be found on the social security card of the domestic help. If this is not known, enter the birth name, date of birth, gender and place of birth of the employed person in the household check. When registering a domestic helper for the first time, you will receive a company number from the Minijob-Zentrale as the employer. This number is also valid for all subsequent registrations as well as for further employments. You should keep the company number in a safe place.
There is the following information:
If you do not report the employment to the Minijob-Zentrale, this is an administrative offense and can be punished with a fine of up to 5,000 EUR.
Using the contact form, you can send your message and attachments via secure data transmission and are thus protected from unauthorized access.
Due dates for households:
- on July 31 for the first half of the year and
- on January 31 for the past second half of the year.
Half-yearly check due to monthly fluctuating earnings:
- by June 30 for the first half of the year and
- by December 31 for the second half of the year.
2 to 4 weeks
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Haushaltsscheck - Online-Anmeldung einer Haushaltshilfe
The online registration is possible in only two steps. In addition to a few personal details of you as the employer and your household help, details of the employment are also recorded. This includes, for example, the remuneration and the start of the mini-job.
Haushaltsscheck - Online-Änderungsscheck für Haushaltshilfe
The online change check makes it easy for you to notify us of changes. If, for example, the amount of your household help's earnings, your bank details or your contact address change, you can notify us online. The online change check can also be used to deregister your household help.
Haushaltsscheck - Online-Halbjahresscheck für Haushaltshilfe
If your home help's monthly earnings are not always the same, you can report fluctuating earnings using the online semi-annual check. The report covers a period of one calendar half-year. This way, you do not have to submit separate follow-up checks for each month of employment.
For more information on how to file an appeal, see the notice.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited