Sign language in administrative proceedings; request for reimbursement of costs

Parties to an administrative proceeding may request reimbursement for sign language interpreters and communication aides.



  • You have a hearing or speech impairment.
  • You have used sign language or other communication aids to exercise your own rights in an administrative procedure or to communicate with the daycare facility, daycare center or school.
  • The administrative procedure cannot be conducted in writing or you cannot adequately exercise rights by expressing yourself in writing.
  • You have provided the communication aids yourself.
  • You have informed the authority of your choice of communication aids in good time. A subsequent change is only possible if there is an objective reason for it and the change does not lead to a significant delay in the procedure.


If you provide the communication aid yourself, you can apply for reimbursement from the relevant district administrative authority.

If you wish, the reimbursement of expenses can be paid directly to the provider of the service.

Required documents

  • Proof of expenses

    (e.g. invoices)


  • none


You can lodge an appeal against the costs decision.

(Optional) appeal procedure


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.