Sign language in administrative proceedings; request for reimbursement of costs
Parties to an administrative proceeding may request reimbursement for sign language interpreters and communication aides.
- You have a hearing or speech impairment.
- You have used sign language or other communication aids to exercise your own rights in an administrative procedure or to communicate with the daycare facility, daycare center or school.
- The administrative procedure cannot be conducted in writing or you cannot adequately exercise rights by expressing yourself in writing.
- You have provided the communication aids yourself.
- You have informed the authority of your choice of communication aids in good time. A subsequent change is only possible if there is an objective reason for it and the change does not lead to a significant delay in the procedure.
If you provide the communication aid yourself, you can apply for reimbursement from the relevant district administrative authority.
If you wish, the reimbursement of expenses can be paid directly to the provider of the service.
Proof of expenses
You can lodge an appeal against the costs decision.
(Optional) appeal procedure
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited