Vocational school for nursing; application for investment cost subsidy
Private - state-approved or state-recognized - vocational nursing schools can apply for investment cost funding.
Pursuant to Articles 23 and 44 of the Bavarian Budget Code (BayHO), the Free State of Bavaria grants subsidies in accordance with this guideline and the administrative regulations on Articles 23 and 44 of the Bavarian Budget Code (BayHO) to support certain investment costs for the room and office equipment of private vocational schools for nursing.
Since April 1, 2020, generalist training as a nursing specialist has been taking place at newly established vocational schools for nursing. The introduction of the new type of school in place of the previous vocational schools for nursing, pediatric nursing and geriatric nursing and the associated changeover to a financing system essentially defined in federal law (Nursing Professions Act - PflBG; Nursing Professions Training Financing Ordinance - PflAFinV) should not put the school operators in a worse position than would have been the case if the previous financing system under state law had continued to apply.
The refinancing of investment costs for room and office equipment is intended to cover financial gaps in the training allowance for nursing schools under federal law. Voluntary financial support is granted for this purpose within the framework of available budget funds.
The object of the funding is the operation of a vocational nursing school.
Recipient of funding
Eligible to apply for and receive funding are sponsors of state-approved or state-recognized vocational nursing schools in Bavaria if these sponsors are legal entities under public or private law and operate on a non-profit basis (Art. 29 Par. 2 BaySchFG by analogy).
Eligible costs are expenses for items of room and office equipment, insofar as these exceed the limit of Section 6 (2) of the Income Tax Act (EStG) per item. In the case of consumer goods and consumables, it must be demonstrated in each individual case that they are items of office and business equipment and are not refinanced via the flat-rate training allowance pursuant to Section 30, Paragraph 1, Sentence 2 PflBG.
Type and amount
The subsidy for office equipment is provided as a non-repayable grant (project funding) as part of partial financing.
The maximum funding rate is 90 percent of the eligible expenses. A contribution of at least 800 euros per item purchased, but at least 10 percent of the total eligible expenditure, remains with the sponsor.
- An investment cost grant is awarded to sponsors of state-approved or state-recognized vocational nursing schools in Bavaria, provided that these sponsors are legal entities under public or private law and operate on a non-profit basis.
- The grant recipient receives a lump-sum training budget from the Bavarian Nursing Training Fund (Pflegeausbildungsfonds Bayern GmbH) in accordance with Sections 29 and 30 of the Nursing Professions Act (Pflegeberufegesetz) and Section 8 of the Nursing Professions Training Financing Ordinance (Pflegeberufe-Ausbildungsfinanzierungsverordnung).
- Sponsors of vocational nursing schools that are necessarily associated with a hospital as training facilities within the meaning of Section 2 no. 1a letters e and f of the Hospital Financing Act and are included in the hospital plan of the Free State of Bavaria do not receive funding on the basis of the present funding guidelines.
- Multiple funding is not permitted. Grants are not awarded for expenditure on room and office equipment if the expenditure is refinanced under other state and federal programs. The costs of items purchased or manufactured for the initial establishment of a vocational school for nursing, which directly serve the theoretical and practical training and are approved by the school authorities, cannot be funded under these guidelines.
Funding is granted upon application to the locally responsible government.
Grants are awarded in the form of written or electronic notifications. As a rule, the grant period is the school year in accordance with Art. 5 Para. 1 Sentence 1 of the Bavarian Education Act (BayEUG).
The local government pays the rent subsidy in installments on August 15, November 15 and February 15 as well as a final payment on May 15 of the subsidized school year. If the school year at a vocational school for nursing differs from the regular school year, the disbursement authority specifies the disbursement dates in the notice of approval.
Useful and consumable items may not be teaching and working materials or office and school supplies.
The procurement of the items must comply with the applicable procurement law regulations.
The application for expenditure on items of room and office equipment must be submitted to the relevant government no later than July 1 prior to the funded school year.
If the school year of a vocational school for nursing differs from the school year pursuant to Art. 5 (1) BayEUG (August 1 to July 31 of the following calendar year), the application must be submitted no later than one month before the start of the school year.
No purchase will be refinanced that has already been made in the current school year, i.e. before the application was submitted.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited