Internship allowance; application for a subsidy from the German Federal Employment Agency (Agentur für Arbeit)
If you would like to introduce young people to vocational training in your company via a paid internship, you can apply for a subsidy for internship remuneration.
- The internship must:
- last between 6 and 12 months.
- be remunerated and socially insured.
- The intern must belong to the eligible group of persons. This must be checked by the employment agency.
- The trainee must not have been employed in your company before.
- The entry-level qualification may not take place in the company of the spouse, life partner or parents.
- If vocational school is compulsory, the trainee must attend vocational school and be registered in the relevant specialist class.
You must apply for the grant for entry-level training in writing:
- Specify internship content, duration, remuneration and suitability criteria for participants and report the open offer to your chamber and to your employment agency.
- You will then receive information about a preliminary funding commitment.
- If your prospective trainees are not yet registered with the employment agency, ask them to register with the employment agency. This is the only way to check whether they belong to the eligible group of persons.
- If the applicant belongs to the eligible group of persons, conclude an EQ contract with him or her. You can download a sample contract or ask your chamber for one.
- Before the start of the internship, apply to the Employment Agency for a subsidy for the internship allowance. Attach a copy of the EQ contract.
- If you have registered for eServices with the Employment Agency, you can also exchange all applications and evidence with the Job Center online.
- You then register the trainee with the health insurance fund and the employers' liability insurance association.
- You will receive written notification from the Employment Agency as to whether the subsidy will be granted.
- If you have agreed to electronic transmission of the notice in your online account, the notice will be made available to you online in your notice filing system.
- If your applicant is required to attend vocational school, you must enroll him or her in the vocational school and preferably in the appropriate technical class before the internship begins.
- If your trainee requires support with the entry-level qualification, he or she should coordinate this with the Employment Agency and, if necessary, apply for these assisted training support services.
4 to 8 weeks
- Contract for introductory training between the company and the young person
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited