Certificate of good conduct; application for comparable proof by EU citizens

Some administrative procedures require the provision of a certificate of good conduct. EU foreigners may be required to provide comparable proof.


EU foreign nationals may be required to provide proof comparable to the German certificate of good conduct (e.g. an official certificate of good conduct or an extract from the criminal record of the home country or an equivalent document). This proof must be applied for at the competent authority in the home country.

If, as an EU foreigner, you require a German certificate of good conduct for official or private purposes, you can apply for this at the local authority responsible for you. Further information can be found under "Related topics".

Nationals of other member states of the European Union who reside in Germany can apply for a certificate of good conduct that provides information on both the contents of the Federal Central Register and the criminal record of their member state of origin. Further information can be found under "Related topics" - "Certificate of good conduct; applying for a European certificate of good conduct".


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.