Naturalization; application for the granting of German citizenship to foreigners with a naturalization entitlement (entitlement naturalization)
A foreigner living in Germany is entitled to be naturalized under certain conditions.
You are entitled to naturalization if the following conditions are met:
- unlimited right of residence at the time of naturalization
- proof of knowledge of the legal and social order and living conditions in Germany
- legal habitual residence in Germany for eight years (this period is shortened to seven years after successful completion of an integration course; in the case of special integration achievements, it can even be shortened to six years)
- independent means of subsistence (also for dependent family members) without social assistance and unemployment benefit II
- Proof of sufficient oral and written German language skills: List of recognized language certificates
- no conviction for a criminal offense
- commitment to the free democratic basic order of the Basic Law of the Federal Republic of Germany
- in principle, the loss or renunciation of the old citizenship, if this is possible and reasonable
If one of these conditions is not met, you are not entitled to naturalization. However, in certain cases, so-called discretionary naturalization is possible (see "Related Topics").
Pre-printed forms are available from the district administration authority.
Supporting documents proving the foreign national's civil and marital status (e. g. birth certificate, or marriage certificate, or divorce decree)
Demonstration of knowledge of the legal and social order and the living conditions in Germany through presentation of a certificate of successful citizenship test completion or a certificate of graduation from a German academic secondary school
Proof of sufficient oral and written German language skills (school reports, certificates, etc.)
Supporting documents proving the foreign national's income, retirement provisions, medical insurance and long-term care insurance, also for his or her dependents, where applicable
If necessary, you may be required to present the following. Foreign official deeds and documents need to be translated.
Einbürgerung - Quick-Check
You can use the Quick Check to carry out a non-binding examination of the naturalization requirements. However, the naturalization procedure is not initiated until the application and all required documents have been effectively submitted. The final decision is made after the competent authority has checked the requirements.
In principle: 255,00 Euro
Minor children without own income, who are naturalized together with their parents: 51,00 Euro
Additional costs may arise
- for the presentation of civil status certificates
- for proof of civic knowledge and/or language skills
- due to the renunciation of the previous citizenship
- for translations of foreign documents by sworn translators and certification fees
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited